Online Banking

History of Offices

 

1903
    

John S. Weidman purchased the private bank located on the corner of Broadway and University Streets in Mount Pleasant.  He incorporated under the name, Isabella County State Bank.

1912 The bank was remodeled and proclaimed to be the very latest in modern construction.  The structure was built on a concrete foundation utilizing steel and iron reinforcement, adding to the character of a bank known by the community to be "solid as a rock".
 
1964 The first drive-up branch at the corner of University and Michigan Streets in Mount Pleasant opened.
 
1970 The Weidman office (formerly Weidman State Bank) became part of the family.
 
1973 The Trust Department was added and the name changed to Isabella Bank and Trust.
 
1973 The West High Street office in Mount Pleasant opened.
 
1976 The South Mission Street office in Mount Pleasant opened.
 
1979 The East Pickard Road office in Mount Pleasant opened
 
1982 The Blanchard and Six Lakes offices (formerly Blanchard State Bank) became part of the family.
 
1988 The Shepherd office (formerly a Commercial National Bank branch) became part of the family.
 
1989 The formation of IBT Bancorp, a bank holding company was approved by the shareholders.
 
1991 The Beal City office (formerly a First of America branch) became part of the family.
 
1993 The first Clare office was opened.
 
1994 IBT Financial Services, now Raymond James, opened in Mount Pleasant to offer brokerage services.
 
1997 The drive-up branch in Clare was opened.
 
1998 The Barryton, Remus and Canadian Lakes offices (formerly Old Kent branches) became part of the family.
 
2000 The Breckenridge, Ithaca and Hemlock offices (formerly Farmers State Bank branches) became part of the family.
 
2001 The Financial Group Information Services Operation Center was built in Mount Pleasant.  This was added to accommodate the increasing technology and associated with the booming bank growth.
 
2004 The Big Rapids office was opened.
 
2006 The Farwell and Lake offices (formerly Farwell State Savings Bank branches) became part of the family.
 
2007 The Greenville and Stanton offices (formerly Greenville Community Bank branches) became part of the family.
 
2008 The Lake Isabella office was opened.
 
2008 Purchased and converted the former Mount Pleasant City Hall into the Isabella Bank Corporate Offices.
 
2008 Isabella Bank and Trust invested in the historic downtown Mount Pleasant area with the extensive reimage of the 139 East Broadway Building.
 
2008 Isabella Bank and Trust unveiled new image and name, Isabella Bank
 
2010 The Midland office was opened.
 
2012 The Freeland office was opened.
 
2013 Isabella Bank opens second Big Rapids office on Maple Street.