What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account or a link to a credit line which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We DO authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We DO NOT authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (opt-in):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Isabella Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $32 each time we pay an overdraft.
- Also, if your account is overdrawn for 10 consecutive days, we will charge an additional $5 per day.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Isabella Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, select one of the following:
- Fill out the Opt-In form online below
- Call us at (800) 651-9111 or (989) 772-9471
- Opt In using our telephone banking at (800) 314-3340 or (989) 773-1691
- Print and complete an opt-in request form (PDF) and bring it to any of our locations — or mail it to:
Attn: Deposit Operations Department
PO Box 100
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48804-0100
You have the ability to revoke or change your opt-in status at any time by notifying us in writing or by phone (see above).