Health Savings Account (HSA)
It's hard to plan for your health (bodies are fickle like that). So why not plan ahead? A health savings account lets you set aside money to spend specifically on healthcare.
Funds are easy to access and can be used to pay for doctor appointments, meds, and more. Best of all, your HSA belongs to you, not your employer — so you can take care of yourself wherever life takes you. Bank local. Bank anywhere. Open your HSA today.
- Greater personal control over healthcare management and expenses
- Prepare for qualified medical expenses
- Earn interest above standard savings on entire balance
- Receive higher rates on larger deposits
- An HSA provides triple tax savings:
- Tax deductions when you contribute to your account
- Tax-free earnings through investment
- Tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical, dental, vision expenses, and more*
- Contributions are tax-free and can be made by you, your employer, or a third party
- Funds can be withdrawn at any time**
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance requirements
- Unused funds remain in account year after year; no "use it or lose it" policy
- Keep your HSA in your name, regardless of career or life changes
- Free online banking***
- Free mobile banking***
- Free eStatements****
- Free Mastercard® debit card
- Federally insured by FDIC
- No minimum deposit to open
Most adults under 65 who are not enrolled in Medicare and are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) can qualify for an HSA, but it is up to the account holders to determine their own eligibility. Please contact your tax advisor for further eligibility requirements.
*Consult a tax advisor.
**You can withdraw funds at any time for any purpose. However, if funds are withdrawn for reasons other than qualified medical expenses, the amount withdrawn will be included as taxable income, and is subject to a 10% penalty.
***Third party data and text messaging charges and/or internet services may apply. Please contact your provider for details.
****A monthly paper statement fee will be charged to all health savings accounts not enrolled for electronic statements through our online banking services. For additional information on how to avoid this fee, please see a teller or a deposit account specialist.